Sunday, 13 May 2012

Bananza Ice Cream!


It is a beautiful day here in Kelowna, BC. I am still on vacation at my mom's house and loving every minute! I was floating in the pool cooking suntanning today, when I decided I really needed a cool treat. My mom had some frozen bananas in the freezer, so I decided to whip one up in the food processor instead of using it for the usual banana bread... wow was it ever tasty :)


I remembered reading somewhere once that blending a frozen banana was just like ice cream, but I didn't believe it. I am most definitely a believer now! It was creamy, smooth, and ice cold. The natural sweetness of the ripe banana was plenty for my taste (and I LOVE sweet things). If I didn't know what was in it, I would swear it was made out of cream.


After a bite, I decided it would be even better with the chocolate sauce I made yesterday... I was right :) Don't get me wrong though, it was still excellent without it... I am just a bit of a chocoholic!


As you can see, it was already getting melty and delicious in the sun! I think I might have to go make round two right now. These pictures are making me hungry! 

BANANZA ICE CREAM

Ingredients:
  • 1 peeled, frozen, medium banana
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, optional
  • a tiny bit of sweetener (like stevia), optional
Method:
  • Place all ingredients in a food processor (or blender if you don't have a food processor) and blend until smooth.
  • Serve immediately and enjoy!! 

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
(entire recipe) 
  • 100 Calories
  • 26g Carbohydrates
    • 14g Sugar
    • 3g Fiber
  • 0g Fat
  • 1g Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment