This is a low calorie version of a dessert classic... chocolate sauce!
I am on vacation in my hometown Kelowna, BC this weekend and decided to make my Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie for my family to try. The cookie pie stands great on its own, but with ice cream and chocolate sauce it is to die for! Most chocolate sauces would make the skinny pie not so skinny, so I experimented with some different lower calorie options.
This recipe is a winner! It got my families stamp of approval... what do you think?
Decadent Dark Chocolate Sauce
(makes about 16 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup non-fat milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a medium saucepan over low heat and whisk together brown sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add milk and whisk until smooth
- Whisk constantly, bring it to a simmer
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, continuing to whisk constantly (or until desired consistency... it will thicken up more with the added chocolate)
- Take off heat and stir in chocolate and vanilla
- Serve warm over whatever you like!
(for 1 tablespoon)
- 40 Calories
- 8g Carbohydrates
- 7g Sugar
- 1g Fiber
- 1g Fat
- 1g Protein