When I first started my healthy eating lifestyle I thought I would have to kiss my beloved Fettucine Alfredo, lasagna, Manicotti, spaghetti, and penne goodbye. I am so glad to tell you that was not the case! I have found sneaky ways of getting the pasta dishes I love without all the calories :)
Since I have a weakness for creamy Fettucine Alfredo, I decided to share my "skinny" take on the dish.
Topping these with my Tasty Turkey Meatballs really finishes this dish off nicely! I will include the nutritional information on the Fettucine Alfredo by itself, as well as with 3 meatballs, below the recipe.
Easy Cheesy Fettucine Alfredo and Meatballs
- 1 package of shiritaki noodles (fettucine shape)
- 1/2 cup steamed, chopped broccoli
- 3 Tasty Turkey Meatballs (recipe can be found here)
- 15g parmesan, about 2.5 tablespoons(It is actually quite a bit. What is pictured is less than 15g because I actually stirred some of it into my fettucine!)
- 1/4 of a 12 ounce package firm lite silken tofu (like the Mori Nu brand)
- 1/2 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon zero calorie "Parmesan and Herbs" seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1.5 teaspoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (or non-fat milk)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (I used a Magic Bullet) and blend until smooth and creamy
- Warm on low heat in a saucepan, or microwave on medium power in 20 second intervals. Tofu separates from liquid if you heat it too much, so keep a close eye on it. If it separates a bit, just stir to recombine.
Putting it all together
- Rinse the shiritaki noodles very well, drain, and microwave for 1 minute on high power. Drain again and dry very well with paper towel.
- Place noodles and steamed broccoli in a bowl. Pour Alfredo sauce over noodles and toss together. Place three Tasty Turkey Meatballs on top, then sprinkle with parmesan and fresh ground pepper.
- Dig in!
Entire recipe WITH 3 turkey meatballs:
- 257 Calories
- 12g Carbohydrates
- 1g Sugar
- 5g Fiber
- 10g Fat
- 29g Protein
Recipe WITHOUT the meatballs:
- 142 Calories
- 11g Carbohydrates
- 1g Sugar
- 5g Fiber
- 5g Fat
- 13g Protein