When it is hot outside, the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven in the house. Today was another one of those days here in Kelowna, BC, so I decided to do some barbecuing outside! Actually, I didn't do any of the grilling. Mark likes to do that part and I definitely can't complain because he does an excellent job. I just prep everything, then sit back and enjoy the afternoon :)
Here is a very versatile recipe that can be adjusted to anyones tastebuds and eating guidelines. You can change up the protein (poultry, red meat, tofu, etc.), veggies, and spices to suit everyones needs. I decided to do turkey and a Greek themed spice combo.
They turned out excellent! Perfectly juicy turkey breast (thanks Mark!), and beautiful caramelization of the veggies.
Greek Style Kabobs
- 16 ounces (1 pound) turkey breast (or protein of choice)
- 4 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces (colors of your choice)
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 large mushrooms, quartered
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons "greek seasoning"
- salt and pepper to taste
- skewer sticks
- non-stick spray (if needed)
- Slice turkey into 1inch cubes. Place into a bowl with lemon juice, greek seasoning, salt, and pepper. Marinate 30-60 minutes.
- Stick veggies and turkey onto the skewers in an alternating pattern.
- Spray grill if needed; place skewers onto the grill. Grill for about 8-10 minutes per side on low-medium heat. Be sure the meat is no longer pink inside.
- Serve with more grilled veggies, baked potatoes, or a salad.
(for 1/4 of the recipe, about 2 kebobs depending on the size of skewers)
- 220 Calories
- 16g Carbohydrates
- 9g Sugar
- 5g Fiber
- 1g Fat
- 31g Protein
POINTS PLUS VALUE