Sunday, 6 May 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pudding

My First Post


I am so excited to share with you one of my absolute favorite recipes! I don't know who can resist devouring tasting cookie dough when you're making a delicious batch of home-made chocolate chip cookies... at least I know I can't. Wouldn't you love to eat a whole bowl of it without feeling the guilt? This recipe does just that because it is tasty AND healthy (ONLY 200 CALORIES FOR THE ENTIRE BOWL)! In fact, this can be made vegan, it is gluten free, and it contains 11 grams of protein (the perfect after workout, or whenever snack!).


Now I know you may see the ingredient list and think I am insane... but I promise that you will not regret it if you give it a try (I can't promise anything about my sanity unfortunately...). Even my boyfriend, who is a stereotypical guy and would "never try tofu, gross!!", loved this treat! That has to say something right?


So without further a due, here is my take on "Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pudding" (nutrition information listed below the recipe).




Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pudding
(Makes 1 serving)


Ingredients:


  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 a box (6 oz) of lite silken tofu (preferably firm)*
  • 1.5 teaspoons of stevia (or 5 teaspoons of sugar or your favorite sugar substitute)
  • 2 tablespoons water (or milk)
  • 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
Method:
  • Put all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth and no chunks remain. Pour into a bowl and stir in chocolate chips. Eat immediately, or chill until it becomes more firm.


 * I used Mori-Nu brand. Be SURE it is silken tofu though because it is very important in the final texture of the pudding. 




NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
(For entire recipe)
  • 200 Calories
  • 20 grams Carbohydrates 
    • 16 grams Sugar
  • 9 grams Fat
  • 11 grams Protein





2 comments: