Need I say more?
The only dessert I love more than chocolate would have to be cheesecake. Growing up, I asked for cheesecake at every birthday party. Fresh strawberries pair perfectly with this creamy dessert. The crunchy pretzel crust creates a perfect combination of sweet and salty. Also, this is a very pretty cake, so it is ideal for parties and gatherings.
Topping the cake with sugar-free jello makes it possible to add less cheese, which means less calories, which means you can have more... 1/8th of the cake for less than 100 calories to be exact :)
Skinny Pretzel-Crust Strawberry Cheesecake
(8 BIG servings)
- 1 cup pretzels (crushed very fine; about 60 sticks)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice (I used 3g stevia)
- 3 tablespoons reduced calorie buttery spread (like Becel), melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sweetener of choice (I used 24g Stevia)
- 1 cup fat free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 a package (2 servings) sugar-free strawberry flavored jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add all the crust ingredients together and mix well until combined (I used a food processor). Press into the bottom of an 8-inch pie dish. Bake for 8 min; cool completely.
- Whisk together boiling water and gelatin, set aside to cool.
- Beat together cream cheese, sweetener, whipped topping, and vanilla until very smooth. Pour into cooled crust and place in the refrigerator.
- Once the filling has firmed up a little (about 20 min), place cut strawberries in a circle pattern around the top. Pour jello over the top. Cool in the refrigerator until firm (about 1 1/2-2 hours at least).
(For 1/8th of the pie... a BIG piece)
- 92 Calories
- 17g Carbohydrates
- 3g Sugar
- 1g Fiber
- 1g Fat
- 5g Protein