Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Birthday Cake Pop Cake!

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I was busy making my mom her 50th birthday cake. Since this cake is NOT low calorie, I will not post the recipes I used. If anyone is interested, just leave a comment below and I will email it to you :)





I made about 300 cake pops for this cake, but only 150 were needed for the cake... we had no problem getting rid of the other 150 ;) It is okay to indulge every once in a while.


I dipped each ball in chocolate, then piped on more chocolate in a swirl pattern. I also painted on lustre dust to make them shimmery.


I covered a 3 tier cake dummy in pink and white fondant, then placed edible pearls around the base of each one. My boyfriend then drilled evenly-spaced holes into the cake so I could stick each cake pop into the cake.


Finally, I made an edible "50" to go on top out of fondant, chocolate, and edible silver/pink balls.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Delaine! I just stumbled upon your blog via Pinterest and absolutely LOVE your cake! Ironically I also live in Calgary, small world! I'm planning to make a cake pop cake for my wedding in the summer and would the recipe for this :) If we could get in touch via email, lkara@ualberta.ca, that'd be awesome. Thanks!
    -Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. cakes minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. cakes minneapolis

    ReplyDelete