Bananas and applesauce make it possible for this cookie to be moist, while still being low-fat.
Imagine a mixture between muffins and traditional cookies; soft and spongy, but chewy and crisp at the same time. This recipe has everything I look for in a good cookie... and it includes chocolate :D
Oatmeal Banana Protein CookiesMakes 18 cookies
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, or sweetener of choice (I used 12g of raw stevia, or 6 packets)
- 1/4 cup egg substitute, or 1 egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce, or margarine
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8th teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 6 squares dark chocolate, chopped (equalling 300 calories- I used Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- In 1 bowl, mix together first 5 ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. Combine the wet with the dry and mix until dough comes together.
- Spoon dough onto greased cookie sheet and bake 15 min. For puffier cookies, refrigerate dough for about 1 hour before baking.
For 1 cookie (1/18th of the recipe)
- 80 Calories
- 13g Carbohydrates
- 3g Sugar
- 1g Fiber
- 2g Fat
- 4g Protein