This is a great low-calorie meal for any time of the day! It provides you with 18g of protein and just 170 calories per generous serving, so you won't get hungry soon after.
Though you may think that a quiche would be time consuming, you would be wrong! This recipe comes together in minutes. I chose to skip out on a crust because I prefer it without, but you could bake this in a pre-made pie crust if you so desire.
As an added bonus, you get all the nutrients of spinach. Iron, calcium, vitamin K, fiber, and folic acid are just a few of the great health benefits spinach offers.
Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner... add this to your weekly routine. You will not be sorry.
Spinach Cottage Cheese Quiche
(Makes 4 generous servings)
- 1 15oz (425g) container fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 10oz package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons zero calorie "Parmesan and Herbs" seasoning (may substitute with paprika or cheese)
- nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8x8 square dish with nonstick spray (round is fine too).
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, spinach, eggs, egg whites, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well and pour into greased baking dish. Sprinkle top with "parmesan & herbs" seasoning if desired. Bake for 40-45 min, or until set in the middle.
(1/4th of the entire recipe)
- 170 Calories
- 17g Carbohydrates
- 9g Sugar
- 3g Fiber
- 3g Fat
- 18g Protein