I had a late class the other night, so Mark (my boyfriend) decided to make me dinner :)
He did an excellent job! I was so impressed, that I did not want to keep the delicious recipes all to myself.
We had ground turkey soft tacos with homemade guacamole. The turkey was cooked in no added oil, but still managed to be moist and flavorful. The guacamole was creamy with bursts of freshness from diced tomatoes.
Mark's Soft Tacos with Guac
Makes 6 tacos
- 1lb extra lean, ground turkey
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 diet tortillas (100 calories each)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 1/2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 recipe guacamole, divided (recipe follows)
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 4 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek yogurt (can substitute FF sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced onion
- 1/4 tomato, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Add onion to a large frying pan on medium heat. Add a couple tablespoons of water to prevent sticking. Once onions turn translucent, add garlic, chilli flakes, taco seasoning, salt, pepper, and turkey. Continue cooking until all water is evaporated, and turkey is no longer pink. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash together all guacamole ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Assemble tacos by adding 1/6th of the meat, and 1/6th of each topping to 1 tortilla. Serve with side salad.
(for 1 taco- 1/6th of meat and 1/6th of each topping)
- 265 Calories
- 26g Carbohydrates
- 3g Sugar
- 5g Fiber
- 9g Fat
- 20g Protein