how I love thee...
But seriously, I love cheeseburgers! They are the epitome of childhood comfort food.
Turkey burgers can be tricky. People often make them dry and unsatisfying. The chunks of soft onion and the added egg yolk (for fat content) make these burgers perfect.
I served these with half a roasted acorn squash; however, you can serve them with anything. A side salad would be a great pairing as well.
- 2 pounds extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 fat-free cheese slices
- 8 burger buns (mine were 130 calories each)
- Add all ingredients (except cheese and buns) into a big bowl. Mix well with hands. Form into 8 patties.
- Broil/grill for 5 minutes per side, or until no longer pink. If using cheese, place on-top of patty 1 min before done.
- Serve with bun and any other desired toppings (lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard, ketchup, etc.)
(For 1 burger + 1 bun + 1 slice of cheese)
- 305 Calories
- 26g Carbohydrates
- 4g Sugar
- 3g Fiber
- 9g Fat
- 32g Protein